Donor Relations Manager
Kansas City PBS is seeking a Donor Relations Manager. Under the supervision of and in consultation with the Director of Major Giving, the Donor Relations Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the organization’s midlevel gift strategy. This position will secure gifts by cultivating, stewarding, and retaining a portfolio of midlevel donors ($1,000 to $2,499 annual giving range and $1,000 and up sustaining members), while also identifying donors who can move to increased levels of giving.
SALARY RANGE: $50,000-$53,390 (Non-Exempt)
- Nurture midlevel donors and manage the moves management process with a focus on retaining donors, upgrading gifts, and acquiring new major donors.
- Create lasting relationships through remarkable donor experiences that scale via phone, videoconference, email, mail, events and in person visits (when applicable).
- Manage details for donor events, television spots, and donor recognition.
- Contribute to a robust pipeline of major donor prospects by identifying high-potential midlevel donors within the manager’s assigned portfolio and proactively working in consultation with gift officers to
transfer donors to the major gift cultivation process.
- Collaborate with team members across the Development Department to plan and implement communications strategies, including mail and email campaigns, cultivation events and conversion and retention of midlevel donors, and to identify and upgrade annual membership donors to midlevel.
- Maintain best practices for donor stewardship with timely acknowledgement and follow-up.
- Ensure that all donor interactions are tracked accurately; collaborate with the Development Coordinators to ensure that that individual gifts are recorded accurately and acknowledged in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Collaborate with Development and Marketing team members to develop timelines, track metrics, and to ensure consistency in communications, messaging, and solicitations.
- Establish comprehensive testing, measurement, and reporting metrics. Monitor and analyze metrics to track the financial impact of specific midlevel donor program strategies, including direct mail and email campaigns.
- Establish pathways to receive regular feedback from donors and other stakeholders to address concerns and improve the donor experience.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the mission and community work of Kansas City PBS and be prepared to fully convey with donors/prospects.
- Manage Producers Society giving society.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Passion for KCPBS’s mission and organizational values and possesses an interest in learning more about the organization and the community we serve.
- Proven ability to analyze, plan, initiate and complete donor initiatives in a strategic manner.
- Superior customer service skills with experience working directly with donors and volunteers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively and concisely communicate complex issues.
- High levels of initiative, ability to achieve financial and non-financial objectives and adherence to ethical standards.
- Ability to sometimes work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (an equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Undergraduate degree preferably in development, marketing, public administration, or non-profit management.
- Minimum three (3) years or more experience in an individual giving program.
- Knowledge of local and regional philanthropic market.
- Experience working in a team environment.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter how you learned about this position. KCPBS is an E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.