Kansas City PBS is currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
On-Air Host/Programming and Promotions Assistant
If your organization would like to be notified of future job vacancies at Kansas City PBS, please contact us at email@example.com.
On-Air Host/Programming and Promotions Assistant
Kansas City PBS is seeking an On-Air Host/Programming & Promotions Assistant for its radio station KTBG 90.9, The Bridge. This position will act as on-air host - live or voice tracked - for 90.9 The Bridge in a capacity and time to be determined by the Senior Director of Radio Operations. As programming assistant, this position is responsible for assisting the Senior Director, the Music Coordinator, and other programming staff in functions necessary for station operation. This position will be the lead in promotional activities including ticket giveaways and pledge accelerators, and will be responsible for generating opportunities for publicity and promotion of the station through concerts, live events, and volunteer/membership gatherings. In addition, this position will aid in the maintenance of the Wide Orbit Traffic database, inputting underwriting and promotional orders as well as producing spots, promos and other recorded content.
SALARY RANGE: $38,500-$43,000
- Collaborate on decisions regarding programming with other programming staff;
- Support Senior Director and Music Coordinator with execution of programming initiatives, stunt/specialty days, and formation of strategic ideas;
- Assist Marketing Director in direction of street team and volunteer staff; aid in creating calendar of concerts, community events, festivals and fairs for street team presence;
- Work with Marketing Director to ensure proper levels of promotional items to be used onsite for giveaways;
- Work with Membership Director to find ways to incorporate membership into our onsite events and grow the station’s base of donors;
- Work with Senior Director of Radio and digital team on new promotional opportunities including ticket giveaways, membership accelerators for pledge, and other promotions activities;
- Actively seek out opportunities for outside promotion for The Bridge, including presence at festivals, fairs, music events, and other community gatherings;
- Point person for maintenance of station vehicle including cleaning, mechanical, and ensuring it is stocked with necessary items to be used for onsite events;
- Assist Senior Director and account executives in maintaining and working with the Wide Orbit Traffic database, ensuring entry of underwriting orders, preparing production orders for the production director, and other traffic-related tasks;
- Assist Senior Director and Music Director as needed, including back-up for music scheduling and social media, uploading of syndicated content to the on-air server, running the board, and other duties;
- Handle production and voicing of promos, underwriting messages, and other recorded content, along with ensuring content is uploaded to the server for playback and meets broadcast standards;
- Assist in creation and cultivation of on-air features, benchmark sessions, and stunt/specialty days;
- Perform an on-air shift (live or voice tracked as necessary/directed), cover for other dayparts/shows during vacation, illness, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a team player, inquisitive, detail oriented, and self-disciplined.
- Must be self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality in an information-rich environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and work under pressure.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Familiarity with current radio trends, audience research, and music programming software.
- Passion for local public service and community involvement.
- Ability to embody and reflect the values of KTBG/KCPBS.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (An equivalent amount of training, education and experience will be considered):
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years’ experience in radio or music industry.
- Must have on-air experience.
- In depth knowledge of the music heard on KTBG and a strong sense of the music direction the station seeks to create and maintain.
- Comprehensive understanding of the art and craft of radio, especially music radio programming and its needs.
- Significant experience using Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook and other pc based software.
- Knowledge of radio automation systems, studio equipment, and digital audio editing software is a plus.
If interested in this exciting opportunity, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your cover letter how you learned about this position.