Effective as of April 14, 2022
1. Collecting and Using Information
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Online
We collect Personally Identifiable Information from you through your use of the Sites and Services. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual consumer that we collect online and that we maintain in an accessible form. We collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
Information You Provide
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Submit a Question to curiousKC. If you submit a question for the curiousKC Team to report on you will provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as your name, email address, zip code, and phone number. You have the choice as to whether your name is published.
- Subscribe to Our Newsletter. If you subscribe to one of our newsletters you will provide us with your name, email address, and may provide your telephone number.
- Contact Us. If you contact us through our online forms, you will provide your email address and may provide us with your name, phone number, mailing address, occupation, school and district information, and any additional Personally Identifiable Information that you choose to include.
- Donate. If you choose to become a member by donating, you may provide your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and payment information. We use third party providers to process your donation and Kansas City PBS receives encrypted financial information. Kansas City PBS is PCI compliant with bank level industry standards to safeguard all applicable financial data.
- Education Services Information Request. If you submit a request for education services information you will provide your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and school information. You may also voluntarily provide your district information.
- Join Community Advisory Board. If you submit an application to join the community advisory board you will provide your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and other information pertaining to your experience and community interests and involvement.
- Business Support. If your business supports us, you will provide your name, the name of your organization, and your email address.
- Donations. When you make a donation, for example, donating your vehicle or planned giving, you will provide us, through our third-party providers, your name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and other Personally Identifiable Information as necessary to complete the donation.
- Volunteering. When you apply to volunteer with us you will provide your name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and the name and phone number of an emergency contact. You may also choose to provide us with your age and ethnicity.
- Submit Your Music. When you submit your music to us you will provide your name, email address, band/artist name, and information related to your music. You may also voluntarily provide your band/artist website, phone number, record label, album title(s), local release show(s), a short artist bio, and .wav links to your track(s).
- Interact with our Sites or Services. When you post a public comment, subscribe to or request notifications of a posted discussion, or interact with us in any way, you may need to provide us with your name, email address, zip code, and/or phone number.
Information as You Navigate Our Sites
We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information through your use of the Sites and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. For example, pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. For example, hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. Aggregated information about whether the Site is accessed via a mobile device or tablet, the device type, and the carrier.
- Location Information. Location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
Third Party Information
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, to improve our Services and Sites, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
- Process your member registration;
- Process and fulfill your transaction;
- Review your application to volunteer or join the Community Advisory Board;
- Email you our newsletter(s);
- Email you responding to your curiousKC submission;
- Email you in response to a message you sent us or discussion post notifications;
- Contact you regarding our products and services that we feel may be of interest to you;
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
- Provide support;
- Maintain and improve our Sites and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With our affiliated companies;
- With service providers who perform data or Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, webforms, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.);
- To service providers to prepare, deploy and analyze advertising content;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information;
- To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale, equity transaction, merger, acquisition or in preparation for any of these events; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to the disclosure.
2. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns;
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits, allowing us to customize the Site and Services to your individual needs;
- Advertise new content and services that relate to your interests;
- Keep track of advertisements and search engine results;
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future; and
- Recognize when you return to the Sites.
How You Can Opt-Out of Cookies
Cookies can be blocked by changing your Internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sites.
You can find out more about Cookies and how to manage them by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt out of Cookies set by specific entities by following the instructions found at these links:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Chartbeat: https://static.chartbeat.com/opt-out.html
Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing theNetwork Advertising Initiative's website or the Digital Advertising Alliance's website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative's Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
3. Third Party Processors
To ensure that your Personally Identifiable Information receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate procedures with the service providers we share it with to ensure that it is treated consistent with applicable data security and privacy laws. For example, we use third-party providers to process donations.
4. "Do Not Track" Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a "Do Not Track" feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the "Do Not Track" signal, the Sites do not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives "Do Not Track" signals.
5. Choices About Your Personally Identifiable Information
Review and Request Changes to Your Personally Identifiable Information
To review or request changes to any of your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Kansas City PBS or email@example.com for 90.9 The Bridge.
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, please click the unsubscribe link included in the footer of our emails. You also may submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
7. Third Party Links
8. Children's Privacy
The Site and Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13.
9. How to Contact Us
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please contact us at:
- Kansas City PBS
125 E 31st St
Kansas City, MO 64108